If you get excited about migrating applications to the cloud, and working with leading technologies while doing so, check this role out!
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with AWS, Node.js & API development experience to join our team and work with our client to re-direct their self-service application to the cloud. You will work with a team of Engineers to re-direct the application to the new services, creating the RESTful API, using AWS.
Location: Remote US or Canada
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site in the U.S.
*travel is currently on-hold due to Covid-19 restrictions but will resume once restrictions are lifted
- Work with peers to analyze technical system problems/defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog, plans, and assignments.
- Develop comprehensive automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Offer mentorship by asking clarifying questions and give constructive feedback through pull requests and team discussions while taking feedback gracefully.
- Be part of a culture of innovation and learning.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong experience developing in Node.js..
- Strong experience with AWS Lambda, S3, API Gateway.
- Experience using microservices / Domain driven design.
- Proficiency in RESTful design.
- Experience working with distributed agile teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with CI/CD Pipelines (Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Working experience with AWS Connect, Lex, SQS.
- Knowledge of token-based security programs.
- Experience with AWS Cloudformation (CFT/CDK).
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you’ve made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- 100% paid company paid Health and Dental plan
- 100% company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer