Location: Charlottetown, PEI or Remote in US or Canada
Start Date: April 2021
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site in the U.S.
*travel is currently on-hold due to Covid-19 restrictions but will resume once restrictions are lifted
- Company paid Health and Dental plan
- Company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer
Are you a Senior Test Engineer with a passion for quality and experienced in automated testing? Do you love using the latest technology and working in a fast-paced, agile, and innovative environment? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate with others? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Responsible for test or automation initiatives.
- Enable development teams to build, test and deploy the software in a timely manner by encouraging more incremental updates.
- Able to apply expertise to all layers in computer software development (front-end and back-end) in order to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of system defects and determine their impact.
- Responsible for creating and implementing automated tests.
- Work in an agile framework directly with scrum teams, Product Owners and Business Stakeholders.
- Provide detailed status reporting, metrics and execution dashboards.
- Provide meaningful demos to stakeholders.
- 5+ years’ experience working in testing with test automation tools: Postman, Selenium, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, etc.
- Experience working with Data querying tools like DBVisualizer (Data base Management Tool), SQL, etc.
- Experience with Performance Testing tools (Jmeter) and capturing server metrics with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools like APPDynamics
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, specifically Bamboo and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Java, React and Node programming languages
- Knowledge of various data driven automated testing frameworks
- Experience working with distributed agile teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Kubernetes (K8)
- Experience using ACORD XML standards and data parsing technologies
- Experience with TDD
- Familiarity with Open-source Cloud Foundry (OCF)
- Knowledge of Splunk
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you've made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc…