If you get excited about working with a startup product while using leading technologies, check this role out!
We are looking for an Intermediate Full Stack Engineer with PHP, Firebase and REST experience, to help us build out the back end of an application for an exciting new startup product! You’ll work with a small team of developers focused on creating the MVP of the product and moving it to production. You’ll help define and implement the back end architecture and migrate existing functionality. If this sparks your interest, we want to hear from you!
Location: Charlottetown, PEI or Remote in Canada
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
- Work with peers to analyze technical system problems/defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog, plans, and assignments.
- Develop comprehensive automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Be part of a culture of innovation and learning.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Working experience with Firebase.
- Experience with PHP or a similar language.
- Proficiency building REST services.
- Experience working independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing in Node.js.
- Experience working with the PHP Codelgniter framework.
- Experience with Dart language and Flutter framework.
- Experience building services and apps for cross platform mobile applications.
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you’ve made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- 100% paid company paid Health and Dental plan
- 100% company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer