If you get excited about building products from conception to production and helping clients achieve their goals, then this is the role for you!
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work with a team of engineers to modernize our client’s platforms using languages and technologies such as React, Node.js, GraphQL and AWS. Apart from solution delivery, you will have the opportunity to leverage your leadership and mentoring skills by helping to support and develop the more junior engineers on the team.
Location: Charlottetown, PEI or Remote in Canada
Start Date: End of September
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site in the U.S.
*travel is currently on hold due to Covid-19 restrictions but will resume once restrictions are lifted
- Work with peers to analyze technical system problems/defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Writing clean, well-organized code while considering testing, reusability, performance, quality, and security.
- Offering mentorship by asking clarifying questions and giving constructive feedback through pull requests and team discussions while taking feedback gracefully
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog, plans, and assignments.
- Be part of a culture of innovation and learning.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- 5+ years of professional experience on application development.
- Proficient developing applications using React (modern version).
- Strong experience using Node.js and GraphQL.
- Strong experience with AWS (Lambda, S3, API Gateway).
- Experience working with distributed agile teams.
- Experience working with CI/CD Pipelines (Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you’ve made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- 100% paid company paid Health and Dental plan
- 100% company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer