Start: January-February 2022
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
Location: Charlottetown, PEI or remote (North America)
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site (Montreal). *No travel anticipated for 2022
Are you a Senior Test Engineer with a passion for quality and experience in automated testing and the ability to provide expertise with all layers in computer software development (both front-end and back-end)? Do you love using the latest technology and working in a fast-paced, agile, and innovative environment? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate with others? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Responsible for test or automation initiatives.
- Enable development teams to build, test and deploy the software in a timely manner by encouraging more incremental updates.
- Able to apply expertise to all layers in computer software development (front-end and back-end) in order to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of system defects and determine their impact.
- Responsible for creating and implementing automated tests.
- Work in an agile framework directly with scrum teams, Product Owners and Business Stakeholders.
- Provide detailed status reporting, metrics and execution dashboards.
- Provide meaningful demos to stakeholders.
- Fluent in French. The job will be performed in French, therefore strong French reading, writing, communication skills are essential.
- Degree in software engineering or computer science.
- Good knowledge of WebServices (SOAP, REST) or microservices, as well as formats such as XML, JSON...
- Good knowledge of writing test cases, test sets, Cucumber, Xray and GraphQL.
- Already practiced with tools such as SoapUI, ReadyAPI, Postman.
- Used Selenium Webdriver, Appium, or other testing frameworks.
- Experience with automated testing software in a CI/CD logic (Bamboo and Jenkins).
- Knowledge of Java, React and Node programming languages.
- Knowledge of various data-driven automated testing frameworks.
- Experience working with distributed agile teams.
- Experience working with Kubernetes (K8).
- Experience using ACORD XML standards and data parsing technologies.
- Experience with TDD.
- Familiarity with Open-source Cloud Foundry (OCF).
- Knowledge of Splunk, Data Dog.
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you've made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc...
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- 100% paid company paid Health and Dental plan
- 100% company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Health Spending Account
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer