We are looking for an experienced Developer who will join our talented software team that works with Salesforce sales and service clouds. Your duties will include managing application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
You should have good experience in building high-quality Salesforce customizations and automations and be able to write clean code and ensure your programs run properly. We also expect you to be passionate about building software and perform well working in a team, along with developers, engineers and web designers.
Successful candidates in this role will have a passion for improving overall quality of an application and helping the product move towards a more modern implementation following industry best practices (code reviews, unit testing, collaboration). There should be a genuine interest in helping others in the space improve their skills, sharing knowledge and enhancing the engineering groups ability to add value.
Start: November, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract (no corp to corp)
Location: Charlottetown, PEI or Remote US or Canada
Travel: Currently no travel. Eventually 1 week per quarter (every 3 months) once deemed safe
- Work with peers to analyze technical system problems/defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog, plans, and assignments.
- Develop comprehensive automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Mentor and support Jr. Engineers in the development of their technology skills.
- Be part of a culture of innovation and learning.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- One or more of the following Salesforce Certifications or practical equivalent experience:
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I or II
- One of the Salesforce Certified Architect paths
- Professional experience with at least two Salesforce projects
- Experience with Salesforce customizations, data modeling, validation, automation (flow, triggers, workflow, etc..), security, and integration
- Previous experience with AWS and Java a plus
- Experience working in agile software environments
- Expert consultant qualities
- Professional developer with a drive to master your craft
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you've made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc…
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- 100% paid company paid Health and Dental plan
- 100% company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer